Thursday, November 14, 2013

WE'RE NOT LOOKING, WE'RE SEARCHING

Hello everyone! I'm Victorious Monsterpiece, I'm 26 years old, I was born in the Dominican Republic. I was raised in Harlem, New York City before I moved to the Bronx (but I'm back in Harlem, YAY!!). I have a bachelors in Fine Arts, majored in Film. I'm a bit of an opinionated soul and I would like people to refer me as Monsterpiece, I will speak more about the name soon in another blog, lets just say the name has deeper meaning than what you think. First, I would like to talk a little about what I am doing here, why I am blogging and what made me start a blog. Well, evidently, I like to express myself a lot, thus hence the opinionated person I am, and I feel as though a blog can help me share those opinions and hopefully inspired others to express themselves adequately, away from unpolished social media. Let's see now, when Facebook and other means of social media bombed our generation and generations to come, we all became some sort of "bloggers" and writers (some better than others) but we all started to write our thoughts, ideas and feelings, constantly talking about our day, our personal lives, our likes and dislikes in a very mediocre way. We have become less detailed to things, less attach to reality and more prune to be less physically social. Although is nice to know how some of my friends are doing, how my family and colleagues are getting by day to day, I have come to realize that it is not the same to know how some one is doing based solely on Facebook. I believe strongly that Facebook has revolutionized how we connect intimately with one another. To care how someone is doing is based more on actions than in words, that you actually took the time to go and see them, talk to them and feel each others presence, maybe share a hug or smile, but instead we go by what words on a screen say. Sometimes, not all is what it seems. We are not looking, we are searching, trying to find something bad or something good in our daily lives. But we are not looking at the bigger picture, we are losing legitimate connection with one another, which is ironic, considering the fact that social media, phones and gadgets "connects us". We are slowing our minds and allowing the machines to take over... umm, let's discuss that in another blog.

The story goes on, I am here because of so much I have to say, so much I want to share. I am not going to tell you how to think and what to believe in. I just want you to feel inspired or to feel like there is someone (or something.. wink wink) out there who shares your same ideas and values. I am here blogging because, I took it upon my infinite wisdom to do something beyond the FACEBOOK hole, in which I feel I have deeply sank myself in, and not in a productive way, where I feel I am using it for it's great abilities and potential. I am not happy knowing that I am sharing ideas that aren't really going anywhere, although my friends and family's opinions matter to me. I want to impact people's lives in a whole other platform. What I am doing here, is simply blogging, and I would do my best to bring as many topics as possible. LET'S REALLY CONNECT! I am not here for the social aspect of it. I am here because I rather spend my time wisely. I want the world and I would do everything it takes to achieve it (figuratively speaking). I want to help others and I want others to know I can feel the same way they do. I am not asking for fame, I just want to know how you think, what ideas you have and how we can make the world a better place, basically I WANT YOUR COMPLAINTS! We're not looking, we are searching. We are searching for something, whatever it is, we are not going to find it through zeros and ones. We are not looking at what we need to look at. The truth is always in front of us, but never with US. I am going to be honest, notice how I never mentioned I am writer, although some of us make it a career, in all senses, we are all writers (sometimes... some are better than others). I am not here to be a selling author, but I do want to reach out to you. Let me connect with you, tell me what really 'grinds your gear'. Let's stop searching for something we can't see, because is right... under our noses, hahaha. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment